I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Creamy Coleslaw

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream (I used Greek yogurt)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 lb green cabbage, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced (8 cups)
3 medium carrots, shredded

Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined well, then toss with cabbage and carrots. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature, tossing occasionally, until wilted, about 30 minutes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

Cooks' note:
Coleslaw can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.

Source: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Creamy-Coleslaw-109746

Try #1 - July 22, 2012
This was a good, basic coleslaw.  I mixed green and red cabbage, which turned the sauce a pinkish color, but other than that, it was good.  I threw in a couple of radishes too.  I made it a day ahead of time, which gave time for the flavors to blend well.  The kids didn't really like it, but I didn't really expect them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment