I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

BBQ Ribs in Crockpot

5 lbs ribs
Salt and Pepper
1 onion, diced
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups barbecue sauce (one bottle, or make your own)

1. Cut ribs into serving portions and lay on a broiler sheet in single layer.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Brown ribs at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. Put ribs in bottom of slow cooker.  Add onions and garlic.  Pour barbecue sauce over top.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or high for 4 to 6 hours.

Source: adapted from A Year of Slow Cooking

Try #1 - July 15, 2014
This was awesome.  Maybe the first time I've ever cooked ribs... but won't be the last.  Nathan and the kids (and me too) gobbled it up!  I made my own barbecue sauce.  I served it with egg noodles and topped it with some of the sauce from the crockpot.  Mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment