I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Blueberry Chia Smoothie

1/2 banana (optionally frozen)
2 kale leaves, stemmed
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp chia seeds

Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. This is better to drink while fresh, for the most benefit.  Can be served with strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries.

Source: Easy Vegan Breakfasts & Lunches, by Maya Sozer

Try #1 - March 9, 2022
Another smoothie for the win!  I used all frozen ingredients, including spinach, which I substituted for the kale.  I also used plain Greek yogurt instead of almond milk and threw in a few frozen strawberries I had in the freezer.  The results was a creamy, frozen-yogurt-like smoothie which was delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment