I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Whole-Wheat Egg Bread

3 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 eggs
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp maple syrup
3 oz warm water
3 tsp active dry yeast (For machines with yeast dispensers, use 5 1/2 tsp yeast)

Notes:
1. If your machine is equipped with a whole-grain cycle, use it for this bread.
2. Because eggs vary in their effect on the consistency of the dough, be sure to watch the dough as it mixes. If it seems too runny, add flour, one tablespoon at a time, until the consistency is about right.

Source: Favorite Bread Machine Recipes

Try #1 - April 27, 2012
I'm going to unfortunately have to label this bread a "fail"... I had high hopes, what with the eggs, maple syrup, and copious amount of yeast.  But, it was about the same as my other attempts at 100% whole wheat bread - did not rise well, was too dense, the crust was too dark, and this bread was even more dry than others ones I've tried. I think I'm going to have to give up my quest to find a 100% whole wheat bread for my bread machine - they just don't turn out as well as I'd like them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment