I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cherry Wild Rice and Quinoa Salad

3/4 cup wild rice
1/2 cup quinoa
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fruity vinegar
Salt and pepper
2 cups halved pitted fresh cherries
2 stalks celery, diced
3/4 cup diced aged goat cheese, smoked Cheddar, or other smoked cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted

1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add wild rice and cook for 30 minutes.
2. Add quinoa and cook until the rice and quinoa are tender, about 15 minutes more. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool to the touch; drain well.
3. Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the rice and quinoa, cherries, celery, cheese, and pecans and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.

Source: Tiny's Organic "Fresh from the Farm" Newsletter, June 20, 2012

Try #1 - June 22, 2012
Delicious!  This one's a keeper!  I used apple cider vinegar.  I also omitted the cheese since I didn't have any aged or smoked cheeses... but I think it was still great without it!  Oh, and I just realized I forgot the celery... but that would have been good too!  Next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment