I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spring Garlic Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
2-4 spring onions, finely sliced
4 spring garlic bulbs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 1/2 Tbsp hot chili paste (optional)
1 Tbsp organic soy sauce
3 Tbsp oil

1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the spring garlic bulbs into quarters and leaves into 2-inch lengths.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a wok. Add the chicken and stir fry until the edges are lightly browned. Add the spring garlic and onion. Pour in the chili paste and soy sauce. Stir fry for about a minute.

Source: Tiny Organic's "Fresh from the Farm," June 20, 2012

Try #1 - June 22, 2012
Pretty good.  I added about 1/8 tsp of hot chili sauce... and it tasted pretty spicy to me (full disclosure: I'm a spice wimp.).  Also, it was a bit too salty with the salt added to the chicken plus the salt in the soy sauce.  But I think the salt added to the chicken helped keep it from drying out, so I might do it again anyway, with slightly less salt (or slightly less soy sauce).  I served it with Cherry Wild Rice and Quinoa Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment