I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Seven Grain Bread


3 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (18 2/3 oz)
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp dry milk
2 1/2 Tbsp butter
3/8 cup 7-grain cereal
2 Tbsp molasses
1 11/16 cup water (13 1/2 fl oz)
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast

Put all ingredients in bread machine.  Bake on multigrain setting (5 hours).

Source: Bread Bakery (recipes that came with my bread machine)

Try #1 - January 29, 2013
This came out amazingly soft and rose perfectly!  Other times that I've tried 100% whole wheat (with no bread flour) have produced low, dense loaves, but this one worked great!  I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I actually weighed the flour for the first time...  Also, my "7 grain cereal" was actually a 5 grain toasted mix of millet, quinoa, brown rice, wheat berries, and spelt.

Try #2 - February 4, 2013
I made this with the actually 7-grain cereal this time, and was surprised that it didn't rise as well and wasn't as  soft as my first try with the 5-grain mix.  Still about the same taste, though, and delicious when dipped in cauliflower soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment