I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce

From allrecipes.com

1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/8 cup)
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch (I used 2 tsp)
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate (I used 1/8 cup water)
4 cups sliced fresh strawberries (I used 2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1.In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth; add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Store in the refrigerator.

Try #1 - April 7, 2010
We had some rather tasteless strawberries, so I decided to turn them into something more edible. Great over oatmeal and yogurt; would also be good over ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment