I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spicy Chicken Soup


From Whitney's blog

"This is a like a chicken taco soup. Great with crushed tortillas and cheese! Good taste and easy to make. Based off of the recipe Catherine's Spicy Chicken Soup on allrecipes.com." ~Whitney

4 cups water
2 chicken breasts halved
1 tsp pepper
2 tbls chicken broth powder or chicken seasoning
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbls chili powder
1/4 cup onion
1 cup salsa
2 cups diced tomato
1 can tomato soup
1 can chili
2 cups corn

Heat for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

Try #1 - March 3, 2010
I didn't have all the ingredients, so I had to modify - I only had one chicken breast, no onion powder, no salsa. I used a 28 ounce can of tomatoes to make up for the lack of salsa, and added a green pepper and a can of kidney beans. This was easy to throw into the crockpot, but a bit too sweet for my taste (I think it was the tomato soup - next time I would omit it). I also didn't have any salsa - maybe that would have cut the sweetness a bit.

Note: Putting the whole raw chicken breast in the crockpot and cutting it later made for very tender chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment