I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken Stir-Fry


4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp garlic, minced and divided
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp cooking oil, divided (I used PAM Canola Oil)
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
2 colorful peppers (I used orange and yellow)
1 cup thinly sliced carrots (I used 2 carrots)
1 cup sliced celery (1/2 inch pieces) (Didn't use - I almost never have celery)
2 cups broccoli
2 small zucchini
Rice

1. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Combine broth, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp garlic, and ginger; add to bag and shake well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Stir cornstarch into reserved marinade, set aside.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove chicken (keeping any juices in the pan) and keep warm.
3. Add remaining oil (if desired); stir-fry onion and 1 Tbsp garlic first, then peppers, then broccoli, celery, carrots, and finally zucchini (goal is crisp-tender veggies). Add reserved marinade. Return chicken to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
3. Serve over rice.

Adapted from allrecipes.com and Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.

Try #1 - March 30, 2010
This was great! I combined two recipes, and added some extra vegetables. The chicken was very moist from the marinade, and the extra juices left after cooking the chicken seasoned the onions really nicely. I will definitely make this again - it is labor-intensive, but I cut the vegetables ahead of time so when evening came I just had to throw everything in.

No comments:

Post a Comment