I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Turkey Meatballs


I love meatballs... but I hate making them. They usually fall apart in the pan as I try to turn and brown them... so I usually don't bother. But, I found the secret to great, non-frustrating meatballs: the oven! Baking the meatballs is way easier, especially since we usually use ground turkey (which I think falls apart more easily in the skillet) instead of ground beef.

Here's a delicious meatball recipe (actually an adaptation of Shirley's 20-minute meatloaf recipe):

1 to 1 1/4 pound ground turkey (or beef)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 egg
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (I like to use Italian style)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine ingredients, shape into meatballs. Bake on a cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes. (Note: I baked them for 15 minutes tonight, and it was too long. I'll go for less time next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment