I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Kentucky Corn Bread

From "Extending the Table"
This basic recipe does not use eggs, oil, or sugar.

1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients together to cake-batter consistency. Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan or greased muffin tins. Bake 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with butter.

Try #1 - September 2, 2010
This corn bread was ok, but definitely not my favorite. I like my cornbread a little sweet, and since there is no sugar added, it was kind of bland for my taste. However, it was much improved with the addition of butter and honey! :) This would be an acceptable substitute if you are out of eggs, oil, or sugar, but otherwise I would probably stick with Basic Corn Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment