I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Zucchini Soup


From "Extending the Table"
Germany
Recommended as an appetizer or luncheon soup, served hot or cold.

1/4 cup butter (I used 2 Tbsp butter)
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 1/4 cup zucchini, shredded
2 cups vegetable stock or chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp basil
dash of pepper
1/2 cup wine (optional) (I used 1/4 cup white cooking wine)
1/2 cup yogurt

Melt butter in saucepan. Add and saute onions and garlic. Add zucchini and stock/broth. Simmer 12 minutes. Add salt, basil, pepper, and wine. Place soup in blender and puree until creamy. Add yogurt.

Try #1 - August 9, 2010
This was a surprisingly rich and flavorful soup, yet also light and fluffy (if you can describe soup that way...). My husband said "I never would've guessed it was zucchini!" A great way to use the abundance of summer zucchini.

1 comment: