I never claimed to be a photographic genius.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pakistani Kima


From "More-with-Less"

3 Tbsp butter (I used 2 Tbsp)
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef (I used 3/4 lb ground turkey)
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp salt (I used 1 tsp and that was plenty for us)
dash pepper
dash each cinnamon, ginger, and tumeric (I omitted the tumeric since I don't have any)
2 cups cooked tomatoes (I used 20 oz diced tomatoes)
2 potatoes, diced
2 cups frozen peas or green beans (I used both)

Saute butter, onion, and garlic in skillet. Add ground beef and brown well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 25 minutes. Serve with rice.

Try #1 - August 31, 2010
Great flavors! I didn't have any potatoes so I added some carrots instead. Still turned out great. This dish is a good twist on some standard ingredients I usually have around the house. I will make it again!

P.S. Equally as good (if not better) as leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment